One of the most popular maps for businesses and searchers, it is a must to have your business here.
How To Add Your Website/Business To Google Maps
You will need to go to business.google.com and verify your business with Google.
Bing Maps are used often and is good to appear everywhere.
How To Add Your Business To Bing Places
You will need to head over to Bing Places and create an account with Microsoft (3rd party logins allowed).
Yandex’s Business Directory
How To Add Your Business To Yandex’s Business Directory
You will need to head over to Yandex’s Business Directory and create your listing.
With iPhones being a popular mobile device, their Apple Maps comes installed by default – again, good to appear everywhere. Apple Maps was the ninth most popular app with 42 million users. When Siri is asked to search for a business it will consult multiple data sets, including web search results, business review sites, and Apple Maps.
How To Add Your Business To Apple Maps
Head over to mapsconnect.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. You will need to create an Apple ID if you do not have one to add your business. You may also want to sign up an account with Yelp as Apple Maps do pull some data from Yelp to help with displaying your business information.
OpenStreetMap is an open, global map used by people around the world to navigate and find local businesses.
How To Add Your Business To OpenStreet Maps
It’s easy and free to add your business to the map! Head over to onosm.org and follow the instructions. It will require someone to manually approve your listing.
Note that OpenStreetMap is a geographical directory of the world, not a business directory, so they can only list objective facts. So “we are a cafe, our name is Fred’s Cafe, and we are located on High Street, Burnley” is good, but “we sell the best coffee in Burnley” isn’t.
Other Map Locations
You can only create a location for Instagram on Facebook. If a location is on Facebook, it automatically appears on Instagram.
- Make sure that you have enabled location services through the Facebook App or in your phone settings. If you are using an iPhone, select “Settings” → “Account Settings” → “Location” → “While Using The App”
- You need to create a Facebook check-in status. You do this by making a status and type the name of what you want your location to be called. For example “Growth Hustlers HQ”. Scroll to the bottom of the options and select “Add Custom Location” then tap on it!
- Now that you’ve created a custom location you need to describe it. It will ask you to choose which category describes your location, which you will answer “Business”.
- After choosing a category Facebook will ask you to choose a location. You can either choose “I’m currently here” or you can search for a location that you want to create for your business.
- Finally, publish your status. Congratulations! You have just created a custom location to be used on Facebook and Instagram.
Foursquare, the local search-and-discovery mobile app has been around for almost a decade now. According to the latest data released by the company, more than 50 million people use the recommended City Guide Foursquare app and the location-based game Foursquare Swarm each month across desktop, mobile web, and mobile apps.
MapQuest helps more than 40MM people per month, providing tools for Internet and mobile users, developers, and businesses.
Adding Your Business Website To Search Engines
Did you know there are only 3 main search engines where you can add your business website?
Read more about is here at Adding Your Website/Business To Search Engines.